Part-time –10 hours per week
Hiring salary: $15.00/Hourly,
This is a UTK internal grant-funded position.
Job Summary/essential job functions: A research assistant (RA) position is available in Pediatric End-of-Life Care Research Group – https://pedeolcare.utk.edu. Under the direction of Drs. Lindley & Svynarenko, the RA will assist with a machine learning projects using multiple years of publicly-available death certificate data. This position is funded till the December 2023 with the possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with data preprocessing.
- Assist with training datasets creation.
- Assist with performing machine learning to identify patterns.
- Assist with computational validation.
- Basic knowledge of machine learning.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to attend in-person and online meetings.
- Basic knowledge of death certificates
Interested candidates should email a one-page cover letter (describing their motivation for this job), resume, and transcript to email@example.com. The use of Chat-GPT or other AIs in applications is highly discouraged. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.